Hello 2011!

After an enjoyable little winter respite (Dec. 11-Jan.2), La Paperie & Cozy re-opened for business on Monday, Jan. 3, 2011. Where has the time gone? We are already well into January already! Things have been busy. Needless to say, my little 'helpers' -- the cats -- have been far from helpful. Instead they were insanely cute and very distracting (on purpose).

While I attempted to relax during the respite, bookbinding factored into a lot of that relaxation. :)  Actually those of you who know me well, know that I have a difficult time relaxing without anything to do with books, in general. What can I say? I really love what I do! Many have said that this comes across in my handmade books. That makes me very happy, considering a lot of TLC goes into each and every journal, sketchbook or guestbook that I create. Each book is an expression of my love of journaling, literature, and books in general - and I cherish the idea that a journal I create will soon become home for someone's thoughts and musings. It's a wonderful thing!

During the break I had some time to create a few new books. I also introduced two beautiful quotes to my quoted journal line, which just both happen to be from author, Anaïs Nin. I have always loved these quotes and wanted to share them in my journals...





Also another lovely big Book of Memories - the largest book I make at 9"x12". This would make a perfect wedding guestbook/album, sketchbook, baby book, family tree book, or a place to store those special recipes. This style of book will be featured in Martha Stewart Weddings magazine which will hit stands on Feb. 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment