more quotable goodness!

Happy mid-Spring-almost-Summer, everyone! :)

Three new journals... and three new quote pages.

The first one is a journal perfect for that avid Sherlockian in your life, inspired by the world's most famous detective that never existed: Sherlock Holmes! The cover page features a print of an illustration by Sidney Paget who created the original artwork for the Holmes stories appearing in The Strand magazine, coupled with Holmes well-known quote: "...When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." I love how the natural oils in the leather have stained the quote page, giving it a time-worn appearance. The book is kept closed with a black elastic, attached through two brass eyelets in the back of the journal. An antiqued brass key embellishment is stitched on the front of the cover.



Next up is a journal featuring the beautiful and motivational quote of Henry van Dyke: "Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." The quote is paired with a print of one of my original graphite drawings of a black-capped chickadee (which I've discreetly signed).



One of my favourite novels, Jane Eyre (1847), inspired my next book... "“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will..." ~ Jane Eyre, by CHARLOTTE BRONTË.

2 comments: