I hate you, murphy's law

I was busy starting to make soap today when ...my scale started to smoke...literally. Then it up and died on me, mid-batch. I'm so upset. It was obviously faulty because it's relatively new and has only been used a handful of times since I bought it. The model of my scale has a good name and warranty, thankfully, so I'm sending it back to either be repaired (which I highly doubt is possible) or replaced. The frustrating part is that today was the first day I could devote to all-day soap-making. I had planned to make 3 batches because I'm nearly sold out of my soaps - I only have 4 bars left! Plus I was eager to use my new TOG soap molds that arrived yesterday. Go figure! So now I have to wait for another scale to get to me during the seasonal mail rush. Oh. Yay.

The bright side? At least it gives me time to work on some more books and art. :)

6 comments:

  1. Yes, such things always happen on the wrong moment. Hopefully you have a new scale soon, cause this ain't good for business. ;-}
    Turns out to be a wise choise, not only to stick to the soaps, but also have the journals and art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes exactly, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously- besides bookbinding/soapmaking have you ever thought of taking up interior design bev? Your livingroom looks like an elegant showroom right out of a house&home 'zine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I agree w/ Michael ~totally! (I mean, have you seen Brian Fralic's work 'round here? 'Tis ok, but quite bland in my view compared w/ what we know you could do. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev, the 'Jill of all Trades'. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...thanks April and Michael. :D

    ReplyDelete