book swappage

I finished the book I'll be entering into the next Bookbinding Etsy Street Team Book Swap (deadline Feb. 29th). This will be my first time participating in the swap, and I'm really looking forward to it.

The binding is a combination link and long-stitch, and the leather is one of the nicest I've ever seen...pebble-grain black cherry goatskin. I just love it! The striations on the leather make it look almost like tree bark. Very cool. I hope whoever gets it will enjoy it, and forgive my "newbieness" to bookbinding. :)

book1
book2
book3
book4

5 comments:

  1. That leather is gorgeous! I love the subtle rosy hue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Bee. :)
    It's got to be one of the prettiest hides I've purchased yet. I'm really pleased with it. I only wish it were bigger, so it would last longer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! whoever gets that book is very lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! That really looks like a classic piece of art. Very posh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sue B and Sharon. :)

    ReplyDelete